Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Vegan Tater Tot Casserole Recipe



 One of my favorite memories when I was growing up was having tater tot casserole for dinner! I am excited to introduce my own spin on a traditional, all-American, family favorite dish.

My vegan version is hands-down delicious AND nutritious- happily, I received nothing but smiles and compliments from my daughter, as she cleaned her plate - and asked for more!


Tater Tot Casserole:
-Preheat oven to 350 degrees
-Bake for 20 minutes

You will need the following -

1 - 8x5 Baking Dish
1 bag frozen Tater Tots
1 can Black Beans (drained/rinsed)
1 cup Daiya Cheese
1 cup Baby Spinach 
1 small bag frozen (organic) mixed veggies
3/4 cup chopped Baby Bella Mushrooms
1 Tbs. Sea Salt

3 tbs. Olive Oil
(coat the bottom of the pan and drizzle a bit over the top)

Directions:

1. Drizzle bottom of pan with 2 tbs olive oil, spread all around coating the bottom.

2. Evenly layer the tater tots along the bottom of the pan.

3. Sprinkle some cheese over the tater tots.

4. Layer cut-up Baby Spinach over tater tots.

5. Spread mixed veggies evenly over top the Baby Spinach

6. Spread about 1/2 can Black Beans over Veggies.

7. Layer sliced Baby Bella Mushrooms over Beans.

8. Sprinkle an even layer of cheese over the mushrooms.

9. Dash sea salt over top - then drizzle remaining Olive Oil over top, to prevent drying during baking.

10. Bake for 20 Minutes - Let cool about 5 minutes - Serve hot!

*Tip: 
I served mine with some sliced up fruits to have a well balanced vegan meal!



My daughter really was excited to try it!!

She ended up cleaning her plate - and asking for second's :)


Leave a comment below with your thoughts, and suggestions for other great family- friendly dishes that you would like me to transform into a delicious vegan version!

I look forward to your suggestions.  
~ Enjoy ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think below - I love to hear from my readers!