Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Nine-Layer Vegan Bean Bake

                               


This is a recipe I just created the other night from canned items I had available in the pantry, since I was in a hurry, and wanted to eat ASAP! I just threw it together and it was a delicious spur of the moment creation and dinner (if I don't say so myself).

Give this vegan bake a try for yourself or enjoy with your family and friends!


RECIPE:
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Bake Time: 15 - 20 mins. 

Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.

1 can of Org. Re-fried Pinto Beans
1 can of Org. Black Beans (drained)
1 can of Large Black Olives (drained and sliced)
1 1/2 cup Mozzarella 'Daiya' Cheese
1 cup sliced Org. Baby Bella Mushrooms
1 1/2 cup Org. Baby Spinach (Fresh)
2 Large Avocado's sliced

Directions:

1. In an 8x8 baking dish begin layering your ingredients in this order:

LAYERS
1.) Refried Pinto Beans - spread on bottom of pan evenly.
2.) A couple dashes of cheese
3.) 1 can of Black Beans carefully spread over cheese
4.) A bit more cheese
5.) Spinach
6.) A bit more cheese
7.) Chopped Mushrooms evenly arranged
8.) Chopped Olives evenly arranged
9.) Sliced Avocado

-Top with the remaining cheese -

2. Pop in the oven for 15-20 minutes to give time to heat up all the layers - don't let the cheese burn...Watch the pan during the last 5 minutes, take it out if cheese begins to burn.

I served this recipe with my GF and Vegan Red Lobster 'Cheezy' Biscuits.

~Enjoy~

Please leave your review below in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think below - I love to hear from my readers!