Friday, January 25, 2013

Delicious Blueberry 'Love' Scones (vegan)

Today its rainy and gray outside in Southern California - and I wanted to make a treat to warm up!

I whipped up this traditional scone and transformed it into a vegan pillow of love.



Cozy up on your couch with your fuzzy socks, warm flannel pants, and sweatshirt - and enjoy these tasty treats with a steaming cup of hot spiced tea.


While watching some Downton Abbey - with your 'tea and crumpets'.


Prep Time: 10 minutes 
Cook Time: 15-17 mins.

Serves: 8-10 depending on size


Ingredients:

1 1/2 cup of all-purpose flour
1 cup of whole wheat flour
1/2 cup of rice flour
2 tbsp. aluminum-free baking powder
1/4 cup sugar of choice
1/4 tsp. h. sea salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil (I used Olive Oil)
1/2 cup coconut or soy cream
3/4 cup vegan milk of choice
2 tsp. apple cider vinegar


1/3 cup frozen blueberries

Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F

In a large mixing bowl, sift together flours, baking powder, sugar, and sea salt. 



Add the oil, coconut cream, vinegar, and milk. 

Mix until combined - Then fold in Blueberries
(Frozen works best, so they don't get squeezed apart).


Form dough into desired shape
Place on greased cookie sheet and pat the tops a bit to flatten-out.
Sprinkle with Sugar



Bake 15-17 minutes depending on size of scones until slightly browned on bottom and firm on top.

They turned out extremely fluffy and sweet - delicious.

Serve with hot tea and preserves

I used Blueberry preserves!


Comment below with your results! 

I hope you enjoy this 'English Tea' delicacy as much as I did.

~ Peace and Love ~

1 comment:

  1. Good job on your post, Naomi!

    love, mom

    P.S. I didn't know you liked Downtown Abbey.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think below - I love to hear from my readers!