Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Dark Choco-Apple Flap Jacks (GF/Vegan)




Ingredients

My Daughter Made This Recipe - Its So Easy!
See How It Should Look!






Serves: Yields 10-12 4″ Pancakes
Ingredients
  • 1 cup of gluten free all-purpose flour
  • 1 Tablespoons flax
  • 2 Tablespoons maple syrup (or raw honey)
  • 2 teaspoons aluminum-free baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • ¼ teaspoon salt
  • ¼ cup of unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 cup of milk (or preferred nondairy sub – we use coconut milk)
  • *Add 1/4 of a Diced Apple and A few TBS. Dark Chocolate Chips
*For extra protein you can add 2 TBS of your favorite protein powder
Instructions
  1. In a medium size mixing bowl, mix together flour, flax, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt.
  2. Add vanilla, maple syrup, applesauce, and milk. I added my milk first a ½ cup- mixed, then a ¼ cup at a time there after to make sure it wasn’t too runny. Add Apples and Dark Chocolate Chips.
  3. Mix until you get the lumps out of the batter. You don’t want it to be too thick or too runny. There’s a happy medium and 1 cup should be just about right.
  4. On a heated griddle or pan on your stove top (medium heat), begin to cook flap jacks about a ¼ cup of the batter for each one.
  5. Cook 1-2 minutes until they start to bubble and can edges easily flip.
  6. Flip over and cook other side.
  7. Serve warm with fresh fruit toppings, powdered sugar, coconut creme or for extra protein add some of your favorite nut butter. You can also freeze for later, or pack them up for lunch!

I hope you enjoyed this recipe!
Follow me on FACEBOOK and Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel!

Stay Healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading! Let me know what you think below - I love to hear from my readers!